Sunday 13 January 2013

Changing the Brightness/Contrast on iMovie

One of the potential problems faced with our filming was the lighting as we were shooting outdoors at a time of year where daylight was scarce, in order to ensure that we had a way around this I checked how I could change the brightness of a clip on iMovie.

Here is a picture I found on the internet of a dark forest, I played around with the lighting of the clip to see how it would look.


If the light was too bright and we needed to darken it, by changing the brightness and contrast to a darker setting this could have been achieved, heres the result.


As you can see, the shot is now darker, if this was needed I could create a dark scene simply by adjusting a few things, now I am going to make it brighter.

Now it is brightened you can see the forest more clearly and the source of light which is the moon stands out much more, in doing so you can make a dark shot bright which makes it easier to see all the features which are within the picture.

I now know that I can easily alter a video using iMovie if needed.






No comments:

Post a Comment