Thursday 10 January 2013

Wound: test run

After our first shooting session, we done a test run of the wound that we plan to use on the dead character at the end of our opening scene.
I planned to use the same method as when I practised on my arm, using face paints, some make up and theatrical wax, but at the time we didn't have any eyelash glue so the wound that I moulded wasn't sticking to Elyse's skin which proved annoying when trying to put foundation and make up on the theatrical wax as it kept lifting up from her skin and wouldn't stay down which made it look less realistic.
I think that the colours I used to create the blood/gore looked realistic and when filming the wound to see what it would look like on camera, the colours looked realistic, it was just the theatrical wax and where you could see the end of it that didn't look realistic. If we decide to use this wound within our scene, I will ensure that we have eyelash glue so that the wound will be firmly stuck to Elyse and that it will not lift up from her skin, this will mean that I can make sure that the ends of the theatrical wax are spread smoothly onto her skin so when covered with foundation, you will barely be able to where the theatrical wax becomes her actual skin.
The bottom photo shows how visible the theatrical wax was up close and this is what I want to avoid.



No comments:

Post a Comment