Saturday 19 January 2013

Editing


Our group wanted to have a blinking effect on the second shot, this would recreate a POV from the killer, and we feel that having a blinking effect will emphasise this.

1. Firstly, I added a transition of "wipe down" to try and recreate the blinking effect, this lead to a wipe down of the screen from the first shot to the second one. 
2. I then had to split the clip, in order to add more transitions to the shot, because the killer will have to blink more than once. 
3. I then altered the duration of the transition as the transition was previously too slow, I felt that 0.2s was much more effective than a shorter duration of time.
4. After splitting the clip, I continued on to adding more transitions in between the clips, I still used the "wipe down" transition.
5. After this, I had to repeat the same step as "3" in order to make the transition an appropriate amount of time to look authentic. 
6. Finally, I added more transitions in between after I continued to split the clip more. Also repeating step 3 for this process.

Overall, the clip did transition in between the splitted clips, however it did not look as effective as once hoped. When editing this in the future, we should add a black shot to portray the eyes closing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment