Monday 28 January 2013

Recordings evaluation.

This was the first thing I composed...


Out of the three things I recorded in the studio this was my least favourite. I don't think this sounds scary enough for the opening scene of our film. We want it to sound scary and haunts but I feel this sounds more like a group of aliens talking and so almost become funny. This is not what we want to portray to our audience and so we will not use it.

This was the second...


I preferred this one to the first recording. As it has a sense of mystery about it. Even though it ticks the criteria of being scary and haunting it strikes me as something you would hear in a 1950s film because it is like talking down a phone. We also wanted it to really sound like a child and not a 'woman' as such.


I then composed this one...


This is my favourite of the three because it ticks all of the criteria we wanted in the sound. It is chilling and haunting as well as being able to recognise a child like voice. I think it will go really well of our close up shots of our child villain.

As a group we have decided to use the last recording because it sounds the best for what we want to achieve in our opening. This week we want to get our child villain (Leah) into the studio to record the final piece. Having a child speaking will finish off the piece nicely and match the shot we will use. When the opening is finished the music and filming will complement each other giving the audience a chilling experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment